Thursday, October 30, 2008

Judgment and mercy

Today's Readings:  Ezekiel 5:1-17, 6:1-14, 7:1-27, 8:1-18, 9:1-11

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:
"But I will let a few of my people escape destruction, and they will be scattered among the nations of the world.  Then when they are exiled among the nations, they will remember me." Ezekiel 6:8-9a

This was the message from the Lord after he had told Ezekiel to proclaim how the Lord would destroy the mountains and peoples of Israel.  The Lord told, in graphic detail, how the people would be destroyed alongside their idols.  Even in all the destruction, though, the Lord shows mercy.  There would be those spared who escaped and scattered.  But, even with the mercy comes discipline.  Those exiled would always remember the wrath of the Lord because of their unfaithfulness.

My response to God: You are a mighty God.  Help me Lord to always respect your power and might.  Thank you for your faithfulness to me and give me the strength to be ever faithful to you.  Help me to learn from those who came before me.  Lead me away from their wicked ways and closer to you.

No comments: