Thursday, September 18, 2008

Waiting confidently

Today's Readings: Micah 6:1-16, 7:1-20; 2 Chronicles 32:1-8; 2 Kings 18:13-37; Isaiah 36:1-22

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:
"No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
"As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me." Micah 7:7
"The Lord will bring me into the Light, and I will see his righteousness." Micah 7:9b
First, the prophet is telling the people what God is requiring of them - righteousness, mercy, and  humility while in the presence of the Lord.  Then he is telling them how he, personally, is responding to God and God's will in his life -- looking to God for help and trusting God to meet his needs.  Then he boldly states what God is going to do -- bring him into his presence.  Oh, if we all would just have this kind of faith and obedience to the Lord.

My response to God: Father God, how many times will it take for me to really get it.  You are right here waiting for me.  You are the one who has waited so patiently for me, when it is I who should be waiting confidently for you each time I need your help.  Let me feel your presence in such a way that I will not jump in and once again fail at trying to fix it myself.  Help me, Lord, to be bold and courageous.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

You stole my Micah 6:8 verse. Grr. :] Its only like my favorite verse ever. Do. Love. Walk. 6:08.