Thursday, September 4, 2008

Revival

Today's Readings: Psalm 119

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:

"Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your decrees!" vs. 5
"...Please don't give up on me!" vs. 8b

I feel like such a failure so very often. These verses so closely resemble ongoing pleas I make to the Lord.

" I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." vs. 11
"...revive me by your word." vs. 25b
"...encourage me by your word." vs. 28b
"Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word." vs. 37
"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path." vs. 105
"...let me be revived by following your regulation." vs. 149b/156b

All of these verses, along with so many others within this particular Psalm give me a light at the end of the tunnel. They give such encouragement that revival through the word is not only possible, but necessary.

My response to God: Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you once more asking for your forgiveness for my sin against you and against others. Thank you for the weapon you have given me to fight against that sin, the sword of truth, your Word. Let it encourage me and revive me.

No comments: