Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gratitude

Today's Readings: Isaiah 40:1-31, 41:1-29, 42:1-17, 43:14-44:5

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:
"Have you never heard? Have you never understood?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth.  He never grows weak or weary.  No one can measure the depths of his understanding." Isaiah 40:28
"It is I, the Lord, the First and the Last.  I alone am he." Isaiah 41:4b
"For I have chosen you and will not throw you away.  Don't be afraid, for I am with you.  Don't be discouraged, for I am your God." Isaiah 41:9b-10a
"I will send Jerusalem a messenger with good news." Isaiah 41:27b
"Others were given in exchange for you, I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honored, and I love you." Isaiah 43:4
Each of these verses, in their own way, remind us of how much God loves us and how very special we are to him.  He is the everlasting, almighty, all-knowing, ever-encouraing, savior-sending, loving-his-people God.  What more do we need to open our ears to hear, our minds to understand, our souls to receive, and our hearts to love the one and only God?

My response to God: All praises to you, Lord of heaven and earth!  Keep my eyes open to see your works in everything around me on this earth.   Thank you for choosing me to be your very own and never let that fact leave my memory.  Help me to recognize your works in all things in a way that leads to actions which bring gratitude to you.

No comments: