Friday, September 26, 2008

It's all about God

Today's Readings: Isaiah 48:12-22, 49:1-8, 50:1-11, 51:1-23, 52:1-12

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:
"I replied, ' But my work seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose. Yet I leave it all in the Lord's hand; I will trust God for my reward.'" Isaiah 49:4
"But watch out, you who live in your own light and warm yourselves by your own fires. This is the reward you will receive from me: You will soon fall down in great torment." Isaiah 50:11
These verses are so real for today.  Sometimes we let that feeling of just giving up take over because we do not see immediate results from our work for the Lord.  We must remember to trust God and know that he can make good from anything we do.    It is that work, God's work that comes from our actions, that will bring our rewards...not the work we do for ourselves.  In fact, it is the very opposite that comes from God to reward our selfish actions.

"Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will." Isaiah 50:4b
I love this verse and how it reminds me, yet again, how I have a new start with God with each new day/morning.  

"but my salvation lasts forever" Isaiah 51:6b
"But my righteousness will last forever." Isaiah 51:8b
Oh, what joy comes from knowing that God is forever in my future!  

"I, yes, I, am the one who comforts you.  So, why are you afraid of mere humans, who wither like the grass and disappear?" Isaiah 51:12
Sometimes I need a slap in the face to remind me who really matters.  It is all about God.

My response to God: Lord, thank you for your faithfulness in always being here for me and beside me.  Guide me, mold me, use me to do your will with each new day I have to spend with you.  Help me to always remember that I am here for one purpose only and that is to love and serve you.

No comments: