Tuesday, September 2, 2008

His faithful love endures forever

Today's Readings: Psalms 115-118

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:

"...trust the Lord! He is your helper and your shield." Psalm 115:9/10/11
The Psalms seem to include many instances of repetitive phrases. Just as our hymns and praise songs of today include a verse and then the chorus repeats, so do the hymns. It is obviously a point that the psalmist wants to ensure we do not miss. Trust.

"... he bends down to listen" Psalm 116:2
"...kind...good...merciful, this God of ours!" Psalm 116:5

These verses show the compassionate nature of God...the Abba Father.

"The Lord's faithfulness endures forever." Psalm 117:2
"His faithful love endures forever." Psalm 118:1b/3b/4b/29b

Yet another repetitive chorus to reiterate the faithfulness of God. Just like the praise chorus says: Give thanks to the Lord, our God and King, his love endures forever -- For he is good, he is above all things, his love endures forever -- Sing praise, sing praise!

My response to God:Lord, I sing praise to you, giving thanks for your excellent faithfulness. Thank you for your mercy and desire to bend down to talk to me, to listen to me. May I always have trust in you, knowing you are always here, right at my side.

No comments: