Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sweet, sweet shade

Today's Readings: Psalms 120-123,125-126

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:

"The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night." Psalm 121:5-6
Today I spent several hours outside during the hottest part of the day. I had a few moments where I was truly miserable because of the heat. When I found a shady spot with a little wind, the misery dissipated. I was so grateful for those shade trees and the relatively cool breeze and the respite they provided. When I am again experiencing misery, whether it be weather-related or otherwise, I will remember that the Lord is standing next to me, waiting to be my protective shade. He is there to keep all 'heat' from harming me...no matter where that heat originates.

My response to God: Thank you, Lord, for your watchful eyes that always know when I am in need of your shade of protection. Help me never to forget you are always right beside me.

1 comment:

Joyful Thiek said...

God is always with us wherever we are, whatever we do...I like your practice of bible study through blogging. Keep up the good work and God bless!