Monday, September 29, 2008

The blessing covenant

Today's Readings: Isaiah 52:13-53:12, 54:1-17, 55:1-13, 56:1-9, 57:1-21

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:
"When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied.  And because of his experience, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins." Isaiah 53:11
Praise God for his righteous servant and son, Jesus Christ, who bore all of our sins so that we, too, could be children of God.

"'Just as I swore in the time of Noah that I would never again let a flood cover the earth, so now I swear that I will never again be angry and punish you.  For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you will remain.  My covenant of blessing will never be broken,' says the Lord, who has mercy on you." Isaiah 54:9-10
"I will make an everlasting covenant with you."  Isaiah 55:3b
"I will also bless the foreigners who commit themselves to the Lord, who serve him and love his name, who worship him and do not desecrate the Sabbath day of rest, and who hold fast to my covenant. I will bring them to my holy mountain of Jerusalem and will fill them with joy in my house of prayer. I will accept their burnt offerings and sacrifices, because my Temple will be called a house of prayer for all nations.  For the Sovereign Lord, who brings back the outcasts of Israel, says: I will bring others, too, besides my people Israel." Isaiah 56:6-8
When I first read these beginning passages, I thought...what about me?  Is the covenant for me, too?  Then the following chapter answered my question with no doubt!  Everyone is invited to God's house of prayer.  Hallelujah!

My response to God:  My Father in heaven, thank you for adopting me into your family!  Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to go to your holy mountain and enter your house of prayer.  Never let me forget this blessing beyond blessings that has been given to me.

No comments: