Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Holiness highway

Today's Readings: Isaiah 34:1-17, 35:1-10; Micah 2:1-13, 3:1-12, 4: 1-13, 5:1-15

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:
"And a great road will go through that once deserted land.  It will be named the Highway of Holiness." Isaiah 35:8a
"There will be no other dangers. Only the redeemed will walk on it." Isaiah 35:9b
Oh, how I love the poetry of the Word, even the Old Testament, even the books of prophecy, even in Isaiah and Micah! I guess I am finding that I continue to be surprised at how God is answering my prayer to cause me to delight in the Word.   When I moved past the Psalms and into the books of the prophets a few days ago, I wondered how the Lord would use them to speak to me, because they were such a change from what I had been reading. But, the prophet makes such a cool picture with words, as I can so clearly imagine that Holy Highway covered with the footsteps of the redeemed.  But, the thing that is most clear to me is that there will be no other dangers and that it will only be for the redeemed and no one else.  God's people alone will be in total safety, under the wings of his protection. 

My response to God: Lord, please continue to let me delight in your Word.  I am so excited each day to see what new morsel you will bestow upon me. Guide me down your Highway of Holiness as one of those you have redeemed.

No comments: