Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Face down on the ground

Today's Readings: Ezekiel 40:38-49, 41:1-26, 42:1-20, 43:1-27

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:

"Suddenly, the glory of the God of Israel appeared from the east.  The sound of his coming was like the roar of rushing waters, and the whole landscape shone with his glory.  This vision was just like the others I had seen, first by the Kebar River and then when he came to destroy Jerusalem.  I fell face down on the ground." Ezekiel 43:1-3

In a vision from God, Ezekiel was shown the specifics of the New Temple.  Chapter after chapter goes into detail of the temple, from it's measurements to placement of the gateways and walls.    Immediately before his 'tour guide' gets to the altar, God himself shows up and Ezekiel did the only thing he could do -- fall face down to the ground at the sight of the glory of the Lord.  Oh, to be given that honor to be in the very presence of God's glory just makes me speechless.  I look forward to that day.

My response to God: Lord, ready me for your presence.  Guide me in this world to be prepared and to prepare others for your glorious presence.  Make clear your plan for my time here on this earth so that I will be ready when it is time to join you in that 'new temple' in Heaven.

No comments: