Friday, November 14, 2008

Personal responsibility

Today's Readings: Ezekiel 17:1-24, 18:1-32, 19:1-14

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:
"Righteous people will be rewarded for their own righteous behavior, and wicked people will be punished for their own wickedness.  But if wicked people turn away from all their sins and begin to obey my decrees and do what is just and right, they will surely live and not die.  All their past sins will be forgotten, and they will live because of the righteous things they have done." Ezekiel 18:20b-22

Again, the Lord is showing his grace and mercy and his utter desire for all of his children to repent and live a righteous life.  I also appreciate how this verse encourages personal responsibility, which is a virtue that is getting harder to find these days.  

My response to God: Oh Lord, lead me towards you and away from all things wicked.  Keep me from the temptations of anger, pride, and selfishness.  Guide me to the righteous life you desire for me to live.  Thank you for your forgiveness.

No comments: