Saturday, August 30, 2008

Thanksgiving, joy, and love...

Today's Readings: Psalms 105-106

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:

"Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness." Psalm 105:1a
"Give thanks to the Lord for he is good! His faithful love endures forever." Psalm 106:1b
"Save us, O Lord our God! Gather us back from among the nations, so we can thank your holy name and rejoice and praise you." Psalm 106:47
These three verses have been stuck in my head all day. I don't know if it is because they, like so many other verses in the Psalms, are reminiscent of hymns and praise songs or if I need a reminder of why I need to be thanking the Lord. I love how thankfulness, love, joy and praise are all tied up in a neat little package right in these two chapters.

"There is joy for those who deal justly with others and always do what is right." Psalm 106:3
"Let me rejoice in the joy of your people;" Psalm 106:5a
These two verse seemed to be calling to me about keeping unity with other Christians and how we are one family.

"He remembered his covenant with them and relented because of his unfailing love." Psalm 106:45
Even after Israel had rebelled against God time and time again, he continued to rescue them and always remembered his covenant with them -- unfailing love.

My response to God: Lord, I want to thank you now for your unfailing love, even when I rebel and sin against you. Please send down your spirit to guide me back into the joy and love that can only come from you.

No comments: