Monday, December 1, 2008

One purpose

Today's Readings: Jeremiah 32:1-44, 33:1-26; Ezekiel 26:1-14

Highlighted Verses and my thoughts:
"O Sovereign Lord! you made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm.  Nothing is too hard for you!"  Jeremiah 32:17

"You have all wisdom and do great and mighty miracles." Jeremiah 32:19a

"Then this message came to Jeremiah from the Lord: I am the Lord, the God of all the peoples of the world.  Is anything too hard for me?" Jeremiah 32:26

I just finished reading a book called same kind of different as me.  You need to get this book and read it.  It can change your life.  These verses bring to my mind much of the story told in this book.  Our God is strong and powerful and able to do miracles.  Nothing is too hard for him.

"And I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever, for their own good and for the good of all their descendants.  And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them.  I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me. I will find joy doing good for them and will faithfully and wholeheartedly replant them in this land." Jeremiah 32:39-41

This just got straight to the point, didn't it?  We are to worship God forever -- that is our one purpose...not to make sure we are on time, not to get the laundry done, not to have matching place mats.  We are to worship God and he helps us by putting the desire in our hearts to worship him.  There are so many things that we let clutter our hearts and cover up what God has put there.  It is time for us to clean out the junk, find the desire, and start to worship.

My response to God: God, I am so sorry for not putting you and your will in my life in first place.  I feel like I am constantly asking for your help, Lord, but I just need it so bad.  I want a massive overhaul in my life today.  Show me the way to the part of my heart where the desire for you is waiting for me.  Make it my priority.

No comments: